Welcome all to my brand new blog!
This is my second blog – I was a somewhat haphazard blogger until a year and a half ago, so I’ve had a prolonged absence from the world of blogging. How I’ve missed it! (Note how when you say the word ‘blog’ too often it begins to sound odd)
My old blog (there it goes again) had no particular format; it was mainly centred around my tendency towards random rants and over-detailed descriptions of the many embarrassing situations I’ve unnecessarily got myself into in the past. It may indeed transpire that this one will be much the same, but I’ll definitely attempt to make it as interesting/varied as possible along the way.
It seems fitting to call this post ‘new beginnings’, and, indeed, to start a new blog, as I’m currently in the interim between my last day of school and my last school exams. I’ll hopefully be starting uni later this year; AKA a massive new beginning *much much excitement*.
Now, I should quickly present you all with a disclaimer, the kind that you always accept without reading so that you can carry on with your enjoyment (this is a self-assured assumption that you’ll actually want to continue reading this blog, and I accept, dear reader, that that doesn’t necessarily have to be the case!!… although it would be v nice if it were). The aforementioned disclaimer reads thus: (how Shakespearean of me)
- there will be lots of really bad jokes – brace yourselves
- I will talk about reading, and books…a lot (who can really blame me though?!)
- my posts will be irregular – I am currently revising for my A-Levels, so please bear with me if I don’t make a stellar post on a routine basis
- it will almost certainly take me a while to figure out the main subject matter of the blog – I may never come up with a set one…
- prepare yourselves also for a plentiful amount of random, interesting (debatable I suppose) grammatical/linguistic facts: for example, cast your lovely eyes back to point 3, and see the word ‘bear’. Despite my status as an English student and affirmed vocab nerd, I had to double take over the spelling of that word – was it ‘bear’ or ‘bare’? I promptly searched it into good ol’ Google, and an answer came up stating that it was ‘bear’, and that asking someone to ‘bare’ with you would be equivalent to asking them to undress! With you! Shock horror! Too British! Such cheeky! How will we cope!
So there you have it. I hope you can put up with my slightly erratic and odd writing style, and that you’ll come on this highly metaphorical blog journey with me (I stress the metaphorical, because, let’s face it, I’m not actually going to be going anywhere/doing actual exercise when writing am I, unless I become the all-time literary-lifestyle multitasking champion*)
Thanks for reading,
Until next time!
PS: the photo I’ve attached is from a recent trip to Germany, of a particularly aesthetically pleasing lake. And, to be honest, that’s the only reason I put it with this post. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Perhaps this should be a regular addition to my posts? An utterly irrelevant photo? Excellent idea me!
*challenge accepted (and not just for me – other mystery writer friend, you know who you are)